Advancing the theory and practice of technical communication
Single Sourcing SIG helps STC members develop knowledge and practical skills for researching, developing, and implementing single sourcing solutions.
Areas of InterestThe SIG will address the following areas of interest:
- Information models
- Cost justification
- Tools (editors, content management systems, publishing, DTD, etc.)
- Strategic planning
- Collaborative authoring
- Structured writing
- Low cost single sourcing alternatives
AudienceOur audience includes documentation and training professionals, Inter-/Intranet content developers, marketing communicators, information architects, information designers, information developers, database administrators, and localization/translation specialists.
- Help STC members who are considering single sourcing solutions research and cost justify appropriate alternatives.
- Promote the practice of structured writing and content management and reuse.
- Educate and support those who are considering single sourcing projects.
- Provide objective information about the tools used in single sourcing.
- Locate and distribute sources for information on single sourcing (such as case studies, web links, books, or white papers).